Nothing is more frustrating than ruining a homemade meal in the kitchen. You get all the ingredients, invest all this time, following the instructions, only for the most dismal of results. Sometimes we don’t have the time to sit and stir for hours for sauces and soups.
That is why automatic stirrers are so handy. They do the stirring for us so we can focus on other parts of our meal or, better yet, take a break! In this article, I will go over the top 5 best automatic pot stirrers so that you don’t have to spend hours looking at different reviews to find the one that works the best for you!
Top-Rated Automatic Pot Stirrers
- Rechargeable: The long-lasting charge of this product is one of its best features. Whereas some automatic stirrers for cooking lose their power within an hour or two, this product can go strong for several hours and easily be recharged.
- Versatility: The adjustable clamp that attaches to the pot allows you to use this product on almost any pot size. It will fit pots and pans 6 – 12 inches in diameter and 3 – 9 inches in depth. In addition, the length that the mixing portion of this tool can extend to is longer than other automatic pot stirrers.
- Easy to Use: It can stir through thin and thick foods and adjust to a wide range of pot and pan sizes. It’s made using BPA Free food-grade plastic that will not melt if used at a temperature up to 520 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has a very long battery life and can operate up to 10 hours per charge.
- Speeds: There is a lack of fast speeds, which is a disadvantage if you’re looking to make a finely whipped pudding or need to beat your sauce to avoid burning quickly.
- Paddle Width: The paddle, although long, is not very wide, meaning the paddle cannot stir thick concoctions, as well as an automatic sauce stirrer with a wide blade, could. This might affect the thickness of cream products but shouldn’t be an issue for most soups and stews and some sauces.
Overall this automatic pot stirrer is of excellent quality at a reasonable price. Although the speed of the StirMate smart pot-stirrer is not up to par for some recipes, for generic soups, sauces and stews, this product would make a great addition to your kitchen.
- Fitting: It has dynamic arms which can be adjusted and used on a wide range of pots and pans with a diameter ranging from 6-10.2 inches and a depth of 4-8 inches.
- Power: There are two-speed settings, so you can select the one that is best suited for your stews, gravy, soups, risottos, sauces and other meals. You can enjoy hands-free stirring while you’re doing something else in the kitchen.
- Easy To Use: All you need to do is adjust the grip handles and press the button on your apparatus to start working with different stirring speeds. It can be used in various pots, including ceramic cooking sets, stainless steel, or iron, without scrapes or burns.
- Safety: The Saki automatic pot stirrer is made from BPA-free material. It’s cordless and rechargeable. All you need to do is charge it for 4 hours, and then you can use it for cooking (you’ll need to remove the power cord when cooking).
- Heat Tolerance: This automatic pot stirrer can be operated at a maximum temperature of up to 372 degrees Fahrenheit. However, this is provided that the pot-stirrer is in constant motion. If you leave it stagnant, it may get damaged. You may want to consider getting a thermometer kit to monitor the temperature while cooking.
- Battery Life: Some customers have pointed out that this product has a short battery life, but overall it should last for 3 hours of continuous use, according to one customer. Also, make sure to remember to charge it for 4 hours before using it fully.
- Speed Options: This automatic pot stirrer has two speed settings: slow and medium. While they are suitable for most soups and sauces, they are not fast enough for heavy cream with chocolate, for example, or other sauces/meals that need faster stirring.
The Saki Automatic Pot Stirrer is one of the best automatic pot-stirrer on that market. It will help you stir heavy-duty sauces and soups hands-free while you’re relaxing or doing something else in the kitchen. It has adjustable handles; however, make sure you measure your pot sizes at home before you order it so that you’re sure it will fit them. Also, keep in mind that the sleep settings are slow and medium and that this device should be removed from the pan when not in use.
- The Cost: This automatic sauce stirrer is close to $30.
- Ease of Use: This pot-stirrer is cordless and battery-operated. It uses 4 AA batteries, and there is one hand button to turn it on/off and select the speed setting.
- Speed Options: Unlike several of the other mixers we have looked at today, this product has three different speeds, making the range of foods you can make with it a lot greater.
- Easy Cleanup: The three nylon legs can be detached and cleaned in the dishwasher. Simple and easy!
- Poor Performance: How else can I say this? The vibrating factor of this does not work very well. For gravy or light sauces, this will work fine for heavier sauces, stews, etc. However, I wouldn’t use this product.
- Small Pot Coverage: Again, this product is not a heavy-duty automatic pan stirrer. It’s meant for sauces and gravy only. Its width and height are small; therefore, you should not make large portions or use deep pots.
For a cheap and convenient product, the UÜTENSIL Stirr Pan Stirrer is a decent apparatus. It’s good for sauces and gravy but not for thick or deep dishes.
- Heavy Duty: This tool has two thick clamps with arms that are unlikely to detach even when stirring thick products. The one-sized blade is thick and durable, making anything from stew to pudding to thin sauce. It is also able to withstand scalding.
- Easy Cleanup: Everything but the motor (obviously) is machine washable, making the cooking and cleanup as easy as pie!
- Longevity: This product is chargeable and also lasts for a long time. If you have to stir a sauce for an hour or so, then you can be confident that this automatic sauce stirrer will be working at top quality for the entire duration. It’s also convenient to be able to charge the stirrer once you are finished.
- Fitting: The adjustable clamps are not as versatile as they could be. You can place this product on a variety of different pots with different sizes and different types. (Anything from 5.9 to 9.8 inches wide to 2.9 and 7 inches tall) but if you’d like to make a huge batch of jam or soup, then this tool will not be able to stir your food deeply.
- Cost: With the price just under $50, this product is not a frivolous buy.
The Ardente Gourmet Stirrer is much more professional than some automatic pot stirrers; however, the price is also higher. Nevertheless, if you want an adjustable heavy-duty product that can make various soups, sauces, puddings, and stews and are willing to pay a little extra, then this will fit your needs.
- Easy Storage: The stainless steel middle can easily be dismantled from the three paddles, allowing convenient storage.
- Easy Cleanup: This product, aside from the motor, again, is machine washable, which most of us can appreciate.
- The Bonus Content: One of the unique features of the StirChef automatic sauce stirrer is that it comes with a bit of a recipe book to give you plenty of ideas as to what to use your new product on!
- Long-term Use: Customers rave that this product has lasted them throughout the years, so this product should last you for the long haul.
- Fitting: Customers have complained about the lack of fitting versatility regarding this product. This product can fit most common pots but has been known to fall off of larger pans.
- Strength: This product isn’t known for the power and speed of its paddles. This product should work fine for the average soup/sauce, but keep this in mind if you’re finding yourself stirring heavy food.
- Cost: Considering this product is not as versatile as possible, the price is relatively high. It usually retails over $50, but if you go onto Amazon, you can find lightly used models.
All in all, this product seems to do a good job but is overpriced at its average retail price. Luckily there are plenty of lightly used options on Amazon so that you can get this product at a lower price. Although you might not be able to do large, heavy-duty foods, this adjustable product is known to be long-lasting and will work for your basic needs for years to come.
Advantages of Cooking With an Auto Pot Stirrer
Automatic pot stirrers might not be on the top of the “must-have” kitchen appliances that everyone should own; however, they offer great convenience in the kitchen. They will automatically stir your sauces or soups, so you have delicious and well-cooked dishes at the end. Plus, the contents at the bottom of the pot or pan won’t get burned.
Using an automatic pot stirrer will create a more enjoyable cooking experience. It will be a helping hand when you get too busy in the kitchen with chopping vegetables or meat or when you need a moment to relax.
How to Choose an Automatic Pot Stirrer
Before you decide which automatic pot stirrer is proper for you, there are several features you should look at. Let’s discuss them in more detail below:
Speed Options: Make sure you check how many speed settings there are. Most have a slow and a medium speed setting, suitable for stirring sauces, gravies and soups for long periods.
Design: As you’ve seen on our list, there are two types of automatic pot stirrers. The first type is rechargeable and has clamps that rotate when you turn on the device. In addition, they have grip handles that you can adjust to fit your sauce pot or pan. They are the preferred option for heavy-duty cooking and sauce stirring.
The second type has three moulded nylon legs, which rotate when you turn on the device. They work using AA batteries and are smaller in size. Also, depending on the design, they might not cover a larger sauce pot or pan.
Stirring Radius and Depth:
It would be best if you looked for an automatic pot-stirrer that has a wide stirring radius. This way, it can cover and work well with large pots and deep cookware pieces to avoid burning. The StirMate Smart Automatic Pot Stirrer, for example, can cover 12 inches wide cookware and go nine inches deep. You might want to take your measuring tape and measure the depth and radius of the pots and pans you most often cook with at home. This way, you’ll be sure that the automatic pot stirrer you’re planning to buy will work with the cookware you already have in your kitchen.
Depending on your needs, any one of these products mentioned could be a good fit for you. Overall, if you’re looking for a good range of use but an affordable price that will last for a long time, we would recommend the StirMATE Automatic Stirrer. It covers a wide range of pot and pan sizes; it has an excellent stirring speed and a very long battery life.
Take your time evaluating this automatic stirrer buying guide to access your primary needs and which one will be the best automatic pot stirrer for your home.
Check out other handy kitchen tools:
Vacuum Sealers for snacks