It can be hard to find stylish designs that can fit into our compact, contemporary spaces. In Europe, and certainly in the UK, at least, our homes are getting smaller and smaller, and we need furniture to match those tricky corners and tight bedrooms.
Here I’ve found the best compact bedside tables for small spaces, from round, two-tiered side tables to slim designs with plenty of storage. Most standard bedside tables will be around 45-50cm in width, but I’ve tried to limit my search to those designs that are maximum 40cm wide. A lot of the designs you will see here are less than 35cm in diameter or width. I’ve included plenty of circular designs as I often find they fit more neatly into small spaces – you can move around them more easily and you don’t feel like you will bump into any sharp corners.
My favourites are those with hidden storage – always a must for hiding away clutter or unsightly wires. I love the versatile Componibili units by Kartell – they work in almost any room, but are particularly useful as bedside tables with their three practical storage slots. Which is your favourite?
Images, top to bottom: Menu, La Redoute, noo.ma, Heal’s
12 of the best compact bedside tables for small spaces
1. Malora bedside table, £170, La Redoute [Ad – affiliate link] – a solid oak wood table with a rustic braided rope shelf. W: 35cm, D: 35cm
2. ANYDAY Jax small side table, £69, John Lewis & Partners [Ad – affiliate link] – a lightweight side table that can double up as a bedside table, made from MDF and oak veneers and supported by a metal frame. D: 32cm
3. Mitzi bedside table, £159, West Elm [Ad – affiliate link] – simple and streamlined in matte powder-coated steel with an antique bronze finish. D: 40cm.
4. Atik bedside table, £242, noo.ma – sustainably produced in Poland and available in black or oak, this striking asymmetrical design has several different ledges for storing items. W: 36cm, D: 36cm
5. Kartell Componibili Cabinet 3 elements, £121, Heal’s – a streamlined, retro design that’s become a design classic, first created by Italian designer Anna Castelli Ferrieri for Kartell back in 1969. Versatile and offering plenty of storage, it would make a functional addition to a bedroom. D: 32cm
6. Osasun bedside table, £285, La Redoute [Ad – affiliate link] – a metal bedside table in an aged finish, with a round top and two simple drawers. D: 37.5cm
7. Blythe compact bedside table, £399, Heal’s – a functional, quaker-inspired design made from solid oak and oak veneer that has been finished in a clear matt lacquer. W: 37.5cm, D: 39cm
8. Tu bedside table, £187, noo.ma – a minimalist, two tiered table that comes in black, oak or walnut. D: 40cm
9. Crawford bedside table, £329, Heal’s – a refined, elegant design in solid blonde oak wood, with powder coated steel legs and hand-cast solid brass handles. W: 40cm, D: 35cm.
10. Yeh wall table by MENU, £157, Amara – a space-saving design by Taiwanese designer Keynoh Yeh that leans against the wall. W: 55cm, D: 40cm
11. Slit table by HAY, £169, Insidestore – a minimalist design inspired by paper origami and made from powder coated metal, available in a selection of colours. D: 35cm
12. The Nizou bedside table by E. Gallina for Am.Pm, £210, La Redoute [Ad – affiliate link] – a slender, elegant design in FSC-cerified oak wood veneer with one simple drawer. W: 35cm, D: 35cm
If you’re looking for an alternative to these compact bedside tables, why not check out my edit of minimalist side tables, which could all work equally as well next to a bed – see the post here.